Are you a Higher Specialist Trainee starting to look at consultant jobs? Or are you an existing consultant looking to extend and advance your career? At Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT), we have a wide range of opportunities we really want to share with you.
Who we are
We’re proud to be the UK’s largest NHS Trust. More importantly, we’re proud of our integrated health, teaching, research and innovation campus in the thriving city of Manchester, that offers a unique range of services to our diverse communities across the North West and beyond.
Support is the cornerstone of everything here. Join MFT and you join an organisation that cares for everyone. Bringing together 10 hospitals and community services from across Manchester, Salford, Trafford and beyond, we pool our knowledge, skills and resources to be the best for our patients, and each other. Everyone plays their part in providing outstanding care. And everyone has the opportunity to grow in a diverse, endlessly supportive environment where supervision is taken incredibly seriously.
What we offer
At MFT, we have the most comprehensive CAMHS and more opportunities available than any other Trust. These include core and specialist services, out-patient and in-patient services across our different sites. And that doesn’t remain static. We’ll support you at every stage of your career to open doors and keep growing.
Our new consultant development scheme is really strong for our newly appointed consultants and there’s a well-developed CPD programme in house, including bespoke sessions and case presentations. Alongside this is an annual series of academic/training days delivered from MFT. We support all consultants engaging with this CPD programme as well as encouraging research, service development and national committee appointments.
Celebrating our people is incredibly important to us. Our ‘Be Brilliant’ programme and yearly Excellence Awards recognise the very best performance throughout the organisation. But it’s not just about the big events. You’ll find that our drive to support you to be the best you can be happens all year round – with excellence reports, appraisals, revalidation, accreditations and so on.
Ultimately it boils down to this: we’ll offer you a career’s worth of learning, development, challenges and opportunities across a range of specialties.
Before you apply
If what we’re saying resonates with you, we’d love you to apply. But before you do, take a look at our people videos. Here you’ll find MFT doctors talking about the roles, working environments and opportunities on offer here so you can see for yourself why our Trust is the best place to start your career.
How to apply
The application process couldn’t be easier, simply search our vacancies here:
It’s important to read the Job Description and Person Specification in full and if it’s a role that really lands with you and you feel you’d find a rewarding career here, based on your qualifications, skills and experience, please submit an online application.
This should outline your educational achievements and qualifications and your key skills and experience – remember to draw off both work and non-work related experience – this can also include experience whilst on clinical placements.
For more general information visit www.mft.nhs.uk/careers/
As an organisation we’re truly committed to being an employer of choice that recruits and develops staff fairly so that talented people choose to join, remain and develop within the Trust. Our aim is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels and we therefore positively welcome applications from the diversity of population we serve. Equal opportunities is a key guiding principle to all our work including that our recruitment practices provide equal access to all
Why Should I join #TeamMft?
How will MFT look after me?
- Staff Support – Our self-referral service is open to all staff and offers individual counselling and therapy for personal and work-related issues.
- Health & Wellbeing – We deliver a range of services including Fitness for Work support, rapid access physiotherapy, emotional resilience and wellbeing training, immunisation and vaccination programmes.
- Full and part-time training and career development – You will have your own personal development plan and your progress will be reviewed annually so you can provide the best care to our patients.
- Flexible Working – We’re committed to developing a passionate, flexible workforce that is able to adapt to the changing needs of the NHS. If you wish to work flexibly, we’ll do everything in our powers to help you do so and maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Staff Networks – We are committed to our Equality and Diversity policy and recognise that real support is needed if all staff are to reach their full potential. We have three staff networks: Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Staff Network, Disabled Staff Network, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Staff Network.
- Rewards Team – We have a dedicated team who can offer you advice on Parental and Family support and with a bespoke internal intranet site where you will find lots of interesting information of benefits and discounts.
- Benefit Events – We hold events for staff where companies offering discounts attend and exhibit.
- Staff Discounts – Our Trust offers a range of discounts to include gyms, restaurant and bars, hair and beauty, travel and much more.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – We run a scheme which you can use part of your salary against a non-cash benefit which brings about savings for you– this can be used against set schemes we have in place for cars, bikes and accessories, car parking & day nursery
- Interest-Free Travel Loans/Discounted Travel Tickets – We offer interest-free loans so you can purchase an annual travel ticket. We also provide discounted weekly and monthly Stagecoach bus tickets.
- On site Nurseries – you can pay for this facility through our salary sacrifice scheme:
Day Nursery – First Steps Day Nursery is based on our Oxford Road site for children aged 6mths to 5 years
Kids Planet Day Nursery – based on our Wythenshawe site for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years
Do you offer a bespoke package for newly qualified consultants?
Consultants all are expected to engage with the CPD programme through the Royal College of Psychiatrists, identifying a peer support/CPD group as part of this. Again we can help identify a suitable group for you as another invaluable source of support.
How will I be supported during the COVID-19 outbreak?
We encourage potential applicants to arrange telephone calls or video calls with the Clinical Director for CAMHS, Dr Ruth Marshall and with the CAMHS Director, Ms Maria Slater to discuss the posts available and to gain a greater insight into the wealth of opportunities here at MFT CAMHS.
For those applying to join us, interviews will be arranged following shortlisting and will be conducted via Skype.
Please be assured that all our staff strictly follow the Trusts infection prevention and control guidance. We are equipped to manage any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19. This includes adherence to the infection prevention and control procedures. We also have close links with infection control teams and Public Health England.
Our Doctors are advised to continue with personal protective and equipment measures in a clinical setting in accordance with local policy and, particularly, ensure that effective hand hygiene is adhered to.
To ensure our Trust is ‘caring for you, as you care for others’ we have a variety of ways to access support across the Trust:
- Information and Support Guides on the EHW intranet site and MLCO/TLCO extranet.
- Caring For You: Daily Wellbeing Sessions provided by a Psychological Wellbeing Therapist – dial in from anywhere.
- Virtual COVID-19 Traumatic Incident Debriefs are available to your department should a particularly distressing incident occur.
- Access to the 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme.
For further information on any of the above services, please contact Employee Health and Wellbeing email@example.com
Last but not least
When you join us, we want you to live a happy, fulfilled, rewarding, enjoyable career with us. We will help you be your best. We want you to respect everyone and strive for excellence, acting as a team player, supporting your colleagues where honesty and integrity really matter but above all, putting the patient at the very heart of everything you do.
Wherever you are in MFT, you’ll find it all here for you. And if you want more, we’ll aim to provide you with the training, support and development to grow your skills and knowledge and be the best you can be; not only you, but for all the patients and their families we care for.