Who we help:
We help adults age 18+ years. We can help with elective and trauma orthopaedic conditions.
- People requiring specialist therapy at home, following discharge from hospital.
- People requiring pre-operative visit, prior to elective orthopaedic Surgery.
- Orthopaedic outpatients who require an urgent home therapy review.
- People with an othopaedic condition requiring Outreach Team input.
- People registerd with a Central GP, or residing in Didsbury, Burnage, Chorlton or Withington
How we help:
We can assess and provide specialist physiotherapy and occupational therapy input for people with orthopaedic conditions, following hospital admission. We help people to leave hospital quickly and safely, though early supported discharge from inpatient trauma and elective orthopaedic services.
We give advice and education to patients and their carers/family to help manage their condition, including signposting to relevant services. We give falls prevention advice and onward referral.
We provide rehabilitation to:
- improve joint range, strength and balance.
- improve independence with activities of daily living and leisure activities.
- help progression of mobility towards baseline.
We can review equipment needs to increase independence.
All 4 neighbourhoods in Central Manchester, plus we also see people in Didsbury, Burnage, Chorlton, and Withington
Therapy Office, Orthopaedic Trauma Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary – we’re located just outside OTU wards (also called as wards 1 and 2).
0161 701 0267
08:30 -16.30hrs Monday -Friday
How to refer:
Please refer by email or through the ICE system if at MRI