Who we help:
We help adults age 18+ years. We can help with elective and trauma orthopaedic conditions.
- People requiring specialist therapy at home, following discharge from hospital.
- People requiring pre-operative visit, prior to elective orthopaedic Surgery.
- Orthopaedic outpatients who require an urgent home therapy review.
- People with an orthopaedic condition requiring Outreach Team input.
- People registered with a Central Manchester GP
How we help:
We assess and provide specialist physiotherapy and occupational therapy input for people with orthopaedic conditions, following discharge from inpatient trauma and elective orthopaedic services. We help people to leave hospital quickly and safely by offering timely access to specialist rehab in the home environment.
- Assessment at the patient’s residence within 3 days of discharge/referral.
- Physiotherapy review and rehabilitation including progression of exercises and mobility -including returning to completing stairs and accessing outdoors.
- Occupational Therapy functional assessment. Rehabilitation and goal setting to achieve independence with ADL’s.
- Input to enable patients to achieve their specific home based goals.
- Equipment review and assessment.
- Advice and education to patients and their carers/family including advice on managing their condition, falls prevention advice, plus relevant
- Onward referral to relevant outpatient rehabilitation services.
Any patient registered with a Central Manchester GP.
Our office base is at Levenshulme Health Centre.
08:00 -16.00hrs Monday -Friday
How to refer:
MRI staff can refer via the ice referral system
Other hospital referrals please contact the team for a referral form and refer via email.