We provide an assessment, diagnostic and rehabilitative service for children with known or suspected hearing impairment. We fit and monitor children’s hearing aids from birth until they transfer over to adult services. The team consists of Consultants in Audiovestibular Medicine and Audiologists.
Our Service also provides:
- Aetiology Clinics – to investigate the cause of a child’s hearing loss
- Vestibular (balance) Clinics – to investigate dizziness or imbalance symptoms in children
- Auditory Processing Disorder Clinics – for children with normal hearing but where there are concerns about their listening and processing of sounds
- Microsuction Clinics – for examination of children’s ears with a microscope to treat a variety of symptoms (including dewaxing and infection)
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Clinics – for children with intrusive tinnitus and/or sensitivity to sound
[Tinnitus is the name for hearing noises that are not caused by an outside source]
[Hyperacusis is when everyday sounds seem much louder than they should]
- Single-sided Deafness Clinics – for rehabilitation of children with a hearing loss/absence of hearing in one ear
- Audiovestibular Medicine input to the Regional Cleft Lip and Palate Service (Northwest)
Transition to adult services – a gradual transfer of care for each child to the appropriate adult service.
How to Contact
Telephone: 0161 232 4214
Post: Moss Side Health Centre, Monton Street, Manchester, M14 4GP
How to Access
Referrals are accepted from any healthcare professional. Parents or carers can also refer their children into our service by contacting us directly.
For more information about specific conditions please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/