An MFT partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University
The programme is aimed at:
- Foundation Year 2 doctors
- Trust employed and training grade doctors, including those on Manchester International Training fellowships.
- Colleagues at NMGH in the above categories
The programme aims to develop core generic skills including critical reflection, leadership, research methodology and evaluation of professional, educational and clinical practice. Using blended learning styles, it is delivered part-time, mainly online and adopts a modular approach to provide for maximum flexibility. The applicant can select a combination of core and specialist units of their choice for each year in the programme and complete a Project in Practice of their choice to be awarded the Medical Masters
- YEAR 1: PG Cert (3x 20 credit modules)
- YEAR 2: PG Dip (3x 20 credits modules)
- YEAR 3: MMed on completion of a Project in Practice (60 credits)
Flexible Core units include:
- Evidence Based Practice
- Education and Training in Practice
- Leadership in a Clinical Care Setting
- Research Methodologies for Quality Improvement
- Project in Practice
Specialist units are also available in a wide number of specialties.
Assessment involves a range of methods, including:
- Case studies
- Critical Reflections
- A draft article
- A Viva
Each year costs £2,400.
A variety of funding models are available including:
- MFT departments pay 75%, candidate 25% (subject to negotiation)
- Candidates may apply to appropriate study leave funds for support
Intakes will be in January and September.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0161 291 5621.