CAMHS is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm and can be contacted on the following telephone numbers:
North Manchester CAMHS
Tel: 0161 203 3250
Central Manchester CAMHS
Tel: 0161 701 6880
South Manchester CAMHS
Tel: 0161 902 3400
Tel: 0161 518 5499
CAMHS 16/17 Service – Manchester and Salford – Emerge
Tel: 0161 226 7457
Tel: 0161 716 4747
Clinical Service for Children with Disabilities
Tel: 0161 902 3400.
Under current Government Guidelines everyone is being advised to stay at home, not meet up with other people, even family or friends, as we all can spread the virus even if we don’t have symptoms.
The safest place to be is at home and CAMHS will support you to receive the help you need during this time, so our service is as follows:
- New Referrals are being received as usual and looked at daily by a clinician who will decide if CAMHS is the right service for you. If so we will ring you to discuss your worries and make a plan with you.
- If you are already a CAMHS patient your named worker will keep in touch by telephone with in the next 4 weeks. Some young people may need to continue to be seen face to face in CAMHS, we will be in touch to confirm and arrange this.
- CAMHS continues to support our local hospitals and young people who are in crisis and require urgent appointments.
- CAMHS have a daily duty worker available to offer advice and support to families, carers and young people at the local team listed above.
- CAMHS continues to provide advice and support to professionals and other agencies on a daily basis which can be accessed by calling their local team Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.
- Clinical Service for Children with Disabilities, part of the CAMHS offer, continue to support families of children and young people who have additional needs, learning disabilities or autism
These arrangements do not have a timeframe and will be for the shortest duration possible, we anticipate that this could be for several weeks.
The following website contains lots of useful information: