The clinic aims to look at an individual’s condition and map out a pregnancy plan to optimise the condition and the pregnancy outcome, liaising closely with patients’ pre-pregnancy Neurology team where possible.
Conditions dealt with include:
- Epilepsy – current.
- Neuromuscular conditions – myotonic dystrophy, etc.
- Myaethenia gravis.
- Previous cerebrovascular disease eg stroke, intracranial aneurysms/venous malformation.
- Neurosurgical conditions – vascular malformation/aneurysm, V-P shunt, etc.
- Other congenital/acquired causes of immobility (cerebral palsy, spinal injury).
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Multiple sclerosis – if currently problematic.
The clinic is held in the Antenatal Department at Saint Mary’s Hospital on Thursday mornings.
There is a Neurologist present at the clinic on the second and fourth Thursday of the month.
How can I access this service?
Women may be referred by their GP, MFT Midwife (after booking risk assessment) or an Obstetrician.
PA/Secretary: (0161) 276 6427