Our vision for the future
Together we aim to build a new high quality and sustainable health campus where people can get well, learn, live and work.
It will provide a focal point for the North Manchester community, with connected health and social care facilities, high-quality new homes, and access to better education and training alongside more inviting public open spaces.
This transformational development will bring positive change for the community, creating new jobs, promoting healthy lifestyles, developing skills and contributing to a zero-carbon environment for the benefit of the local neighbourhood and beyond.
We have created a ‘Strategic Regeneration Framework’ to share our proposals, which include:
- A new acute hospital providing excellent healthcare facilities incorporating innovation and new technology.
- A modern mental health hospital offering a high quality and effective care environment (New Park House development).
- A wellbeing hub to deliver integrated community-based care and wellbeing services. Local people and organisations can also access its meeting spaces, community café and allotments.
- An education hub to support training for healthcare staff and to maximise employment opportunities for local community.
- A new residential community focused on keeping people well at home. The housing will be diverse and could include key worker accommodation, social housing, stepdown care and extra care.
- New high-quality commercial space with a focus on healthy ageing and providing flexible accommodation suited to companies at different stages of growth. This space will support innovation and enable businesses to locate and expand in North Manchester, benefiting local employment.
- A village green. This will be a high quality outdoor space, acting as a focal point for the campus, and a vital connection to the local neighbourhood.