Part of Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT), Wythenshawe Hospital is at the heart of an exciting vision to improve health and wellbeing for local people over the next 10 to 15 years.
We want to provide excellent health care and clinical facilities in an environment that is welcoming to everyone. The hospital site will form the centre of a new sustainable health village, which also offers enhanced employment, leisure and retail opportunities to the Wythenshawe community.
Our aim is to deliver:
- An improved clinical environment that meets modern standards within a hospital site that is accessible and welcoming for patients and visitors. Our ’smart’ hospital will be technologically advanced and 5G enabled.
- A highly sustainable campus which delivers on our commitment to be Net Zero Carbon by 2038, including through the promotion of green travel options and enhanced accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists.
- A masterplan that supports inclusive growth and maximises benefits for the local community through providing a range of jobs and training opportunities that support local employment. It will also deliver enhanced social infrastructure as well as improved health and social care outcomes.
- A diversified campus offering complementary research and development facilities, commercial uses that support the work of MFT, leisure and training facilities, plus key worker housing and step-down care facilities.
- World class research facilities to support the work of clinicians and academics in keeping MFT at the forefront of innovative developments in healthcare.
- A safe, efficient and stimulating work environment that ensures MFT continues to attract the best people to work at Wythenshawe Hospital Campus.
- Partnerships to encourage local economic growth with Roundthorn Industrial Estate, Timperley Wedge, Manchester Airport and Airport City.
To help us turn these ambitions into reality, MFT is working in partnership with Bruntwood, Manchester City Council and Manchester Health and Care Commissioning. We have prepared a draft Strategic Regeneration Framework (SRF) as a basis for consultation with local residents, patients, staff and businesses. This involvement is crucial as we continue to evolve our plans for the future development and growth of the new Wythenshawe Hospital Campus. By listening to your views and feedback, together we can shape an exciting future for the Wythenshawe community.
We will add more information to this website as the project develops and you can contact us at:
Freepost Plus RRBR-AXBU-XTZT
MFT NHS Trust
Manchester M13 9WL
email@example.com or telephone 0161 276 1234