Together we aim to build a new high quality and sustainable civic campus where people will want to get well, learn and work.
It will provide a focal point for the community, with integrated health and social care facilities, high-quality new homes, and access to better education and training alongside more inviting public open spaces.
This transformational development will effect generational change for the North Manchester community, creating new jobs, promoting healthy lifestyles, developing skills and contributing to a zero-carbon environment for the benefit of the local neighbourhood and beyond.
Our proposals include:
- A new acute hospital providing modern, best-in-class healthcare facilities, embracing integration, innovation and technology.
- A modern mental health inpatient unit offering a high quality and effective care environment (New Park House development).
- A wellbeing hub to deliver integrated community-based care and wellbeing services, responding to the specific needs of the local population. This will become a destination for the local community through the variety of services it offers, combined with meeting spaces and a community café.
- An education hub to support training for healthcare staff and to maximise employment opportunities for local community.
- A new residential community focused on keeping people well at home. The housing will be diverse and could include key worker accommodation, social housing, stepdown care, and extra care.
- New high-quality commercial space with a focus on healthy ageing and providing flexible accommodation suited to companies in different stages of evolution. This space will support and inspire innovation and enable businesses to locate and expand in North Manchester, benefiting local employment.
- A village green. This will be a high quality outdoor space, acting as a focal point for the Campus, and a vital connection to the local neighbourhood.
This is an exciting step forwards for the future of North Manchester General Hospital. We look forward to working with you to develop plans for the regeneration of the site and to improve the health of the communities we serve.
We will add more information to this website as the project develops and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org