The support and involvement of young people is vital to our future success
During our Membership Month, we’re keen to encourage young people, aged 11 years or over and who live in England & Wales, to become public members of our Foundation Trust. Membership is completely free and you decide how much you would like to be involved.
Benefits of a young member include:
- Attending member events, including our very popular ‘Young People’s Event’ (more details below) and Annual Members’ Meeting
- Receiving exclusive membership invites, information and newsletters
- Electing membership representatives to our Council of Governors
- Being able to stand for election to our Council of Governors (if aged 16 years or over)
- Taking part in surveys and sharing your views with us about our ‘Future Plans’ – telling us what is important to you
- Talking to Governors (membership representatives) and sharing your ideas and views about healthcare.
We are currently undertaking a public membership recruitment campaign across our various hospital sites and key community locations. If attending any of our hospitals over the coming weeks, look out for a member of our membership recruitment team who will be happy to help you complete the application process or alternatively you can apply through our website by clicking the ‘Become a Member of our Trust – Membership Form’ button or by contacting our Membership Office for a paper form firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 276 8661.
As a young member of our NHS Foundation Trust you will be invited to attend our very popular event for young people, on Tuesday, 30th June 2020. At this key membership event, you can get information about the many different careers in the NHS, opportunities that are available for young people to get more involved in our Trust such as Volunteering and joining our Youth Forum you can also get practical advice on health and wellbeing. This free event will be held in the Nowgen Centre, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9WU (Oxford Road Campus) with more information (including booking details) being available via our ‘Young People’s Event’ webpage nearer the time