This pathway provides for earlier diagnosis as well as timely referral and improved pathways for patients with cancer, presenting with jaundice.
The aim is to facilitate same day definitive radiological imaging for patients presenting with obstructive jaundice not due to gallstones. Early diagnosis of pancreatic and biliary cancer, timely referral and improved patient experience will also be a major part of the role. The role includes the facilitation of fast-track referral for jaundiced patients with pancreatic cancer for early surgery. The aim is to reduce overall complications and prolong survival.
The Jaundice CNS works closely with The Clinical Nurse Specialists and various other MDT members of the 10 acute hospital trusts in the Greater Manchester.
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- Pennine Acute NHS Trust
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust;
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust.
If you are a healthcare professional and wish to refer a patient to the Jaundice CNS, please contact Aileen Aherne
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
c/o Ward 11 Manchester Royal Infirmary
Phone: (0161) 701 0477
Mobile: 07973 947 137
Bleep: (0161) 276 1234 – 6357
Fax: (0161) 701 9022