Most blood tests take only a few minutes and can be carried out either at your GP surgery, in hospital, or at a community clinic. Once your blood sample has been taken, it will be analyzed in a laboratory and the result sent back to your GP or hospital consultant or both, depending on who referred you.
How can I arrange a blood test?
Wythenshawe and Withington Hospital Patients
A drop-in phlebotomy service is available for hospital outpatients.
- Wythenshawe Hospital, Phlebotomy Suite, first floor opposite the Out-Patients Department:
Monday to Friday 09.00am – 16.45pm,
- Withington Community Hospital, Main Outpatients Department, ground floor:
Monday to Thursday 08.30am – 16.45pm, Friday till 4pm.
GP Referred Patients
This service operates an appointment only system. Please contact the Call Centre on 0800 092 4020 to book an appointment.
After listening to patients’ experiences and feedback about routine (non-urgent) and urgent GP blood testing services, we have made it easier for you to have a blood test at a convenient time and place.
While at your GP Practice, ask to have your blood taken if a nurse is available, or make an appointment to go back for this. Please contact your practice for further details.
Telephone 0800 092 4020 or 0161 947 0770 to book an appointment at:
- Wythenshawe Hospital, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 9LT
- Withington Community Hospital, Nell Lane, West Didsbury, Manchester, M20 2LR
- Forum Health, Wythenshawe, Forum Square, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5RX
- Burnage Health Centre, 347 Burnage Lane, Manchester, M19 1EW
- GP Patient appointments times at Wythenshawe are from 8.15am through to 9.30pm. Monday to Friday.
- GP Patient appointments times at Withington are from 8.30am through to 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
Please note patients must bring the appropriate request forms as there are no facilities to print forms.
The Phlebotomy department is located on the first floor of the Outpatients building, Area F at Wythenshawe Hospital. Take the stairs or lift located on the left when you enter through the Outpatient entrance 5.
Outpatient enquiries: 0161 291 2115
Appointments: 0800 092 4020
Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester Foundation Trust
0161 998 7070