As we work towards returning to activity safely and securely, we have been required to make changes to the location of our Gynaecology services across Saint Mary’s Hospital at our Oxford Road and Wythenshawe Hospital sites.
In order to keep our service users and staff safe, and in line with the latest infection control and Greater Manchester guidelines, elective and non-elective appointments must take place on separate wards to minimise the potential spread of the virus.
As of Monday 12th October, 2020 the following changes will be in place;
- The Emergency Gynaecology Unit will be relocated from Saint Mary’s Hospital on Oxford Road to F16 at Wythenshawe Hospital, merging with the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit where all emergency surgery will take place.
- All planned surgery will take place at the Oxford Road site and all women will be required to self-isolate and undergo swab testing prior to admission.
- Gynaecology Outpatients currently provided from Wythenshawe, Withington, Oxford Road, Trafford and Altrincham hospitals will relocate to Withington Community Hospital.
- A dedicated Cancer referral service and outpatient procedure clinic will operate from the Oxford Road site.
- Minor procedures (without hospital admission) such as a colposcopy or hysteroscopy will now take place at the Oxford Road site to provide an outpatient diagnostics and treatment service.
- Theatres on Oxford Road will now deliver a six day elective operating service.
We have made these difficult decisions to ensure we are minimising the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in order to protect the safety of our service users and our staff. We thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this time.
If you need to contact the Emergency Gynaecology Unit, Ward F16 at Wythenshawe Hospital, please call 0161 291 2561.
For any other concerns please contact MFT’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 276 8686 or email@example.com.