MFT is inviting young people to attend an open day to have their say on healthcare and learn more about the NHS.
The open day, being held 10am – 3pm on Wednesday 30th November at the Nowgen Centre 29 Grafton St, Manchester, M13 9WU, invites young people to:
- Tell us their views about health care, to help us make important future decisions
- Hear from our expert staff about how they got into the NHS and the range of exciting roles in healthcare
- Talk to the NHS Careers Hub and Patient Experience teams about volunteering and work experience
- Find out how you can become more involved in our NHS Foundation Trust by becoming a Member and/or joining our Youth Forum (for young people aged 11 and over).
The open day will have a range of stands with information on the different career paths available in the NHS including:
- Medical illustration
- Mental Health Services
- Specialised Play Services
The event organisers are also reaching out to school or college teachers to bring their classes along, as well as staff to bring their children or young family members to the event.
Anybody looking to book a place can do by emailing Danielle Morrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0161 276 8661.
Interested in becoming a public member of our trust?
If you, a family member or friend are interested in becoming a public member of our NHS Foundation Trust, application forms can be found and completed here: https://secure.membra.co.uk/Join/MFT