The Urgent Treatment Centre is designed to make sure these people can get a same day assessment and treatment without increasing the workload on A&E. The Centre was designed to see and treat patients with various problems, and also as a signposting service to put people in touch with the appropriate services.
Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) – Manchester Royal Infirmary
The UTC is open 8am-10pm 7 days per week 365 days a year, for minor illness and minor injuries.
The UTC now offers pre-bookable appointments. Please ring NHS 111prior to attending, this is to make your patient care more efficient.
If you have a minor injury that requires urgent attention you may self-present and be assessed on arrival.
If you are unsure which service you require, or you want advice on your care please ring NHS 111 or go to https://111.nhs.uk
- Wounds, for example, superficial cuts and bruises, minor burns and scalds, insect bites, and minor head injuries
- Muscle and joint injuries
- Coughs, colds, and flu symptoms
- High temperatures
- Headaches and dizziness
- Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting, and diarrhoea
- Ear, nose, and throat
- Eye care
- Skin complaints
- Genito-urinary problems
- Blood sugar testing
- Blood pressure checks
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy related illnesses and advice
- Sexual health/lifestyle advice
- Stress management
- Pharmacy advice
- Emergency dental advice
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Urgent Treatment Centre
Telephone: 0161 276 5193