- Haematological cancer (leukaemias, lymphoma and myeloma)
- Stem cell transplantation (autologous and allogeneic)
- Haemoglobinopathies – including a specialist Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre
- Haemostasis and thrombosis – including a Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre and anticoagulant service
- General haematology
Haematology inpatients are treated on Ward 44. There is a day unit for procedures and treatments such as transfusions, chemotherapy, and apheresis. Specialist clinics are held in the day unit.
The Haemophilia Centre offers clinics, day cases and a walk in service for patients with acute bleeding episodes.
Anticoagulant clinics are held daily.
All our services are supported by a multidisciplinary team including specialist nurses (haemophilia, bone marrow transplant, McMillan haematology, haemoglobinopathy), social worker, McMillan pharmacist and specialist laboratory staff.
Diagnostic work is undertaken by medical staff in conjunction with specialist scientific staff.
We participate actively in research, collaborating with local, national and international organisations.
General haematology and/or disease-specific clinics are held on all days of the week.
Admission is via referral from a GP or healthcare professional
- Haematology Outpatients: 2nd Floor Eye Hospital, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL
- Ward 44 Haematology Inpatients: Third Floor, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL (new MRI entrance on The Boulevard, access from Hathersage Road)
08.30 am – 5.00 pm
- Haematology Reception – 0161 276 4801
- PA to Dr’s Burns / Norman / Lobetti – 0161 276 4442
- PA to Dr’s Rocci / Brown – 0161 276 4802
- PA to Dr’s Dignan / Tholouli – 0161 276 5052
- PA to Dr’s Thachil / Scott – 0161 276 3360
- PA to Dr’s Saif / Hay – 0161 271 5058
- PA to Dr’s Nash / Ryan – 0161 276 6448
- PA to Dr’s Sharif / Sadasivam – 0161 276 3360
- Dr Rachel Brown - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Sarah Burns - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Patrick Carrington - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Fiona Dignan - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Charles Hay - Clinical Professor of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, Consultant Haematologist.
- Dr Jayne Peters - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Alberto Rocci - Consultant Haematologist, Myeloma and Amyloidosis lead - Clinical trials lead; Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester
- Dr Nandini Sadasivam - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Muhammad Saif - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Joe Sharif - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Jecko Thachil - Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Eleni Tholouli - Consultant Haematologist