The University Dental Hospital of Manchester no longer provides the ‘drop in’ emergency dental service. Any patients requiring emergency dental care please contact the Community Urgent Dental Care Service on Freephone telephone number 0333 332 3800 from 8am to 10pm every day of the year. Outside these hours, please call NHS 111 for urgent advice.
The University Dental Hospital of Manchester will continue to provide an urgent service for our existing patients who are in active treatment at the Hospital and do not currently have a General Dental Practitioner. Patients will be assessed initially via a telephone triage and will only be seen if you meet the criteria listed below:
- Trauma including facial/oral laceration and or dental injuries that require urgent intervention (for example the knocking out of a permanent tooth)
- Swelling of the face or mouth that is significant or getting worse
- Severe locking of the jaw (Trismus)
- Oral or Dental conditions that are likely to make existing medical conditions worse such as diabetes.
- Oral medicine patients that are taking medication to suppress their immune system.
If you feel that your symptoms meet the above criteria please ring 0161 393 7730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements for a clinical triage via telephone.