Arrow In this section

If you are still not happy, you can make a formal complaint. Normally this should be within 12 months of the events themselves or within 12 months of learning of the problem. You can make a complaint by email or by telephone 0161 276 8686, or by writing to the Chief Executive, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Cobbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL.

If you have any difficulty in making your complaint, a member of the PALS team will support you. The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service, which is completely independent of the NHS, can also help. Contact the service on 0808 802 3000.

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days, and contact you to ensure that we have recorded your concerns correctly. All complaints are fully investigated. You may then prefer a meeting to talk about your concerns or a written response from the Chief Executive.

If you are complaining on behalf of another adult, normally we require a signed statement from them giving us permission to investigate the complaint and to release confidential information. You can make a complaint on behalf of a child under 18, but only if they cannot do so themselves. If you are the parent or guardian, we will need the child’s consent. If you are not the parent or guardian, we will need the parent or guardian’s consent.

Every effort will be made to resolve your complaint but if you remain dissatisfied, you can request an independent review by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. You can submit your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman via an online form. Its leaflet explains the process.