During our Membership Month, we’re keen to encourage young people aged 11 years or over to become members of our Foundation Trust. It’s free and they can do so online or on paper (with the permission of parents/carers if under 18 years of age).
Benefits of membership include:
- Receiving regular membership information
- Electing representatives to our Council of Governors
- Being able to stand for election to our Council of Governors (if aged 16 years or over)
- Taking part in surveys and sharing views with us through our Governors
- Attending member events, including our Young People’s Event and Annual Members’ Meeting.
We are currently undertaking a public membership recruitment campaign across our various hospital sites and key community locations. If you are a young person who is interested in becoming a member, you can apply through our website – www.mft.nhs.uk – by clicking the ‘Become a Member of our Trust – Membership Form’. Or you can contact our Membership Office for a paper form on 0161 276 8661 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a young member of our NHS Foundation Trust you will be invited to attend our very popular event for young people will be held this year on Tuesday 26 June 2018. We’re planning to include information about the many different careers in the NHS, opportunities for young people to get involved including volunteering opportunities plus practical advice on health and wellbeing. This free event will be held in the Nowgen Centre, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9WU (near the Manchester Royal Infirmary) with more information (including booking details) being available via our website https://mft.nhs.uk/member-meetings/annual-young-peoples-event/, nearer the time.