The centre allows patients easy access to diabetes specialist nurses, dietitians, podiatrists and medical staff who offer help and support and promote self-management with the aim of reducing diabetes-related complications.
We provide extensive out-patient services and take referrals from other hospitals in the region. We also support hospital-based patients and provide clinical and educational support for healthcare professionals.
Diabetes Centre Reception: 0161 276 6700
9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday
Specialist medical clinics
- Pregnancy (with Dr M Maresh, Saint Mary’s Hospital)
- young person
- Insulin pump and inhaled insulin
Diabetes specialist nurse clinics
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pregnancy and pre-conception (Saint Mary’s Hospital)
Podiatry and foot care
- Footwear and insoles
Out-patient service only
Manchester Diabetes Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Hathersage Road, Manchester, M13 9WL
Help Beat Diabetes Campaign
Help Diabetes is a National Institute for Health Research initiative to encourage people with diabetes to get involved with research. Together we could help reduce the impact of diabetes on the population.
The campaign aims to match diabetes patients with research studies appropriate for them. Diabetes research can help find new treatments and medication for patients. You can register your interest to take part in diabetes studies by completing the form here: www.researchforthefuture.org or you can text your name and ‘research’ to 81400. The NHS contact centre will then call you back.
If you register you are only expressing your interest in clinical studies and are not agreeing to take part in specific studies at this point.
Further details are on the website: www.researchforthefuture.org
- Dr Prasanna Rao-Balakrishna - Consultant Physician
- Dr Lalantha Leelarathna - Consultant Diabetologist
- Professor Andrew Boulton - Consultant Physician (Diabetes) and Professor of Medicine, University of Manchester
- Dr Shazli Azmi - Consultant Diabetologist
- Dr Clare Mumby - Consultant Physician
- Dr Jonathan Schofield - Consultant in Acute Medicine, Diabetes & Lipidology