If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment or an operation, please see the details below to find out how to contact the right team.
You can cancel or change your appointment by contacting one of our outpatient appointment teams. We have different teams booking appointments for each service so to ensure you reach the individual best placed to answer your query, please try to contact the correct team directly on one of the numbers listed below.
To help us assist with your query, please ensure you have the name, address, date of birth and if possible NHS or hospital number available of the patient you wish to enquire about.
The office hours of the following numbers are Monday – Thursday 0830 – 1700, Friday 0830 – 1630
- Macular Treatment Centre appointments – 0161 701 2950
- Diabetic Service appointments – 0161 701 2950
The office hours of the following numbers are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 0830 – 1630, Wednesday 0830 – 1400.
- Glaucoma appointments – 0161 701 8291
- Oculoplastics appointments – 0161 701 8292
- Retinal appointments – 0161 701 8293
- Uveitis appointments – 0161 701 8293
- Neuro-ophthalmology / squint appointments – 0161 701 8294
- Corneal appointments – 0161 701 8294
- Comprehensive ophthalmology appointments – 0161 701 8296
- Paediatric (child) appointments – 0161 701 8295
The office hours of the following number are Monday – Friday 0830 – 1700
- Cataract appointments (Withington Cataract Centre) – 0161 217 3008
If you are not able to attend for surgery or you wish to change it to a more convenient time, please tell us as soon as possible so we can give your appointment to another patient.
You can change or cancel your operation date by calling the service where you are being treated – you will find contact details either on your appointment letter.
To help us deal with your request as quickly as possible, please ensure that you provide the following information:
• Your full name
• Your NHS number or date of birth
• A contact telephone number or email address
• The date your surgery is booked for
If you cannot attend and do not notify us in advance, you might not be automatically issued with a new appointment and could have to return to your GP to make a new appointment with us. Please see our patient access, booking and choice policy for more information.
Cancellations by us
We try to keep every appointment we make, but medical emergencies and unforeseen circumstances mean that we sometimes have to cancel appointments. If this happens, we will arrange a new appointment for you as quickly as possible. Please note, that we are unable to reimburse you for any costs incurred as a result of a cancellation