Did you know? You can also download MyMFT as an app for your smartphone.
Download ‘MyChart’ by clicking one of the icons below, then select MyMFT
For support with MyMFT video appointments, please contact your practice or clinic directly.
MyMFT is a new online web portal and mobile app that connects you to your MFT medical information. With MyMFT, you’ll have more access and control over this data than ever before.
No matter which of our hospitals you attend, MyMFT means you’ll have a safer, smoother and more efficient healthcare journey. You’ll also enjoy fast, secure access to your data, and be able to share that access with relevant caregivers and family members.
Best of all, MyMFT can be accessed using your personal computer, smartphone or tablet device, with features and benefits that will continue to grow over time!
This really is…
Healthcare in Your Hands!
MFT stands for the ‘Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust’. MFT is the single largest Foundation Trust in the country, with 10 hospitals and community services located across Manchester and Trafford. Click the map below to see our ten hospitals:
Whichever MFT hospital or service you attend, MyMFT will provide you with fast and secure access to your MFT hospital health information.
As a patient at MFT and a MyMFT user, you can:
- View future MFT appointments
- Attend virtual online consultations using the Microsoft Teams platform
- Request your full MFT medical record and past information
- Keep track of important details by receiving results, letters and information leaflets electronically
- Save time by checking-in online and by providing key information ahead of appointments
- Use proxy access to oversee a family member or dependent’s healthcare (after receiving their consent to do so).
Over time, new and improved features will be added, providing patients with more options and access to their MFT healthcare information!
Please note your past information up until this point may not be viewable
- For emergencies, please dial 999
- For urgent medical advice, please dial 111
However, some services will continue to use the Attend Anywhere platform. To find out which system you will be required to use, please refer to the appointment letter you received from your clinic or practice.