Working closely with the University of Manchester our research covers two broad groups of basic science and healthcare science
In collaboration with The University of Manchester, we are internationally renowned for clinical and basic science interface. It has become increasingly focused on molecular and structural biology and encompasses four interactive, internationally recognised programmes in the analysis and management of craniofacial disorders, oral cancer, periodontal disease/mineralised tissues and biomaterials.
- Craniofacial Genetics (Leader Prof. Mike Dixon)
- Dental Biomaterials and Biomechanics (Leader Prof. David Watts)
- Stem Cell Research (Leader Dr. Chris Ward)
- Health Services Research (Leader Prof. Martin Tickle)
- Systematic Reviews (Leader Prof. Helen Worthington)
- Clinical Craniofacial Research (Leader Prof. Bill Shaw)
- Caries and Diagnostic Research (Leaders Prof. Roger Ellwood and Dr. Iain Pretty)
- Oral Radiology and Imaging (Leader Professor Keith Horner)
- Oral Implant Research (Leader Dr. Marco Esposito)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Control of Pain and Anxiety (Leader Prof. Paul Coulthard)
To find out more about either of the science’s research in dentistry, please visit The University of Manchester website.
For recent news and updates please read our Dental Research Newsletter