The Oral Medicine department’s main focus is the healthcare of acute and chronic medically related disorders of the oral and maxillofacial region (e.g. the mouth, jaws, face and neck).
Our specialism is the diagnosis and medical management of the following conditions:
- Patients with red and white oral patches where cancer is not suspected
- Pigmented oral lesions
- Oral lumps
- Oral ulcers
- Infections on the oral cavity
- Oral manifestations of systemic disease
- A dry mouth
- Oro-facial pain of non-dental origin
Clinics are held from 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Admission to the Oral Medicine department is by referral from your Dental Practitioner or GP.
- Professor Michael Pemberton - Consultant in Oral Medicine
- Dr Meena Rudralingam - Consultant in Oral Medicine and Paediatric Oral Medicine Lead