The Auditory Implant Centre in Manchester was established in 1988 and was the first centre in the UK to implant multi-channel cochlear implant devices. The Centre has since grown to be a world-renowned centre of excellence in the field of cochlear implantation.
The Centre comprises three teams: Adult, Adolescent and Paediatric. It was one of the first implant centres in the UK to recognise the need for a service specifically aimed at the adolescent population. The Adolescent Programme was established in 1997. To date (2020), the Manchester Auditory Implant Centre has provided implants to over 2500 patients with an age range of 6 months to 91 years.
The Richard Ramsden Centre for Auditory Implants
Peter Mount Building
Manchester Royal Infirmary
The nearest car parking is Hathersage Road. Please see the ‘Visitors’ section on the website for information on car parking, public transport and directions.
0161 701 6931
For Spares / Repairs
0161 276 8079
- Prof Iain A Bruce - Consultant Paediatric Otolaryngologist Professor of Paediatric Otolaryngology, MAHSC, University of Manchester
- Mr Simon RM Freeman - Consultant Otolaryngologist and Skull Base Surgeon
- Prof Simon Lloyd - Consultant Otolaryngologist and Skull Base Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- Mrs Jaya Nichani - Consultant Paediatric Otolaryngologist
- Emma Jane Stapleton - Consultant Otolaryngologist and Cochlear Implant Surgeon