There are 5 full-time Vascular Interventional Radiologists in the CMFT Vascular unit, offering a wide range of interventional procedures for vascular and non-vascular conditions. We routinely offer endovascular aneurysm repair, including complex grafts, and emergency procedures for rupture. Most angioplasty procedures are performed as daycases, and thrombolysis for arterial and venous thrombosis is standard practice.
There is a weekly Multi-Disciplinary Team meeting with the Vascular Surgeons to discuss cases.
- Nicholas Chalmers – The Clinical lead for Interventional Radiology at CMFT, has been a Consultant since 1995 and has a special interest in liver interventions.
- Finn Farquaharson – A Consultant at MRI since 2005, has a special interest in venous thrombolysis
- Ananth Krishna-Ganapathy – Appointed to MRI in 2011, with a special interest in arteriovenous and other vascular malformations
- James Lay – Joined the department from Royal Bolton Hospital as part of the partnership arrangements. Continues to deliver IR services at Bolton as well as MRI
- Nirmal Kakani – Recently joined the department after a long period of interventional radiology practice in Canada
- Vacant Post – There is a 6th place avaialable on the service, interested applicants should apply to Dr Chalmers