Emerge is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary service targeted at 16 and 17 year olds in order to provide a developmentally appropriate, flexible and responsive service.
It is based in the community offering mental health services in a range of settings. The service currently operates from Monday to Friday during the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm. Emerge is a stand-alone CAMHS service which focuses on the specific needs of 16 – 18 year olds with moderate to severe mental health problems. The team will accept routine and urgent referrals. All accepted urgent referrals will be prioritised and assessed within two working days. 16 – 17 year old young people presenting in emergency and / or in immediate crisis should attend their local Accident & Emergency Department where Adult Mental Health Services (AMHS) will assess and liaise with Emerge 16 – 17 MFT as appropriate.
Face to Face Appointments At CAMHS Emerge 16-17 - COVID-19 Info
Before offering you a face to face appointment with us we will check that this is what you want and are happy to come in.
If that is the case, the day before your appointment we will contact you to make sure that you and everyone who you live with have been well (has no Covid 19 systems) or self-isolating, and to confirm that everyone here at Emerge is well and safe too.
If you do come in we will all need to stick to social distancing measures; so will need to keep to a two metres distance between us and we will ask you to wash or gel your hands as you come into the building. We may also need to use of Personal and Protective Equipment (PPE), e.g. masks and gloves, along with following steps:
- Face masks will be provided for you and any one coming with you, into the building. We will show you were to dispose of it when you’re leaving (in the appropriate bins provided).
- We have reduced the number of seats in the waiting area, to ensure you sit away from anyone else. Your support in social distancing in the build at all times is welcomed!
- We have put in a one-way system so you come in one entrance and leave by another to reduce contact with other people (support social distancing).
- We clean the room and wipe down anything we use with you during the session (like our blood pressure machines or scales) after use with disinfectant.
- You can help us by washing or gelling your hands when you come into the building.
- If an Emerge team member needs to come closer to you to (e.g. take your blood pressure, do any measures with you) they will wear appropriate PPE
So before you come to the appointment, please ensure that:
- The Emerge team knows if you have any physical health conditions.
- Neither you, nor anyone you live with has symptoms that could be due to Covid-19.
- That just you come into the appointment (if you do need support to attend the session we can let one person who lives with you come in with you).
- We need you to be on time for your appointment to keep every safe and so that we can maintain social distancing in the waiting area
If you have any queries about the above or any worries or concerns about attending, please give us a ring 0161 549 6055
Dr Louise Theodosiou
Dr Fiona Donnelly
The service operates an open referral system. Referrals should be made using our standard referral form which can be faxed or posted to the team. They are discussed at the weekly multidisciplinary team meeting and each referrer is informed of the outcome.
Anyone who is concerned about a young person’s mental health can also discuss their concerns directly with a worker on the team.
Millennium Power House, Moss Side Manchester
Emerge – Manchester and Salford 16 – 17-year-old Team