Our team is made up of paediatric surgeons, anaesthetists, an interventional radiologist and a specialist nurse. We provide a theatre list every day of the working week in our radiology department where children can be referred for central venous access or interventional radiology procedures.
This service has enabled us to:
- Improve patient and family experiences
- Prevent delayed treatment
- Allow increased availability of emergency list slots for urgent surgical procedures
In addition to clinical services, we also provide education and teaching to families and staff as well as ad-hoc troubleshooting of devices.
Our service continuously researches the most up to date, evidence-based innovations and technologies and how we can apply these to practice to improve patient and staff experiences.
- Miss Holly Kay – Paediatric Line Specialist Nurse
- Dr Rebecca Sutton (Service Lead) – Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist
- Dr Jacques Diacono (Deputy Service Lead) – Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist
- Mr Ross Craigie (Consultant Paediatric Surgeon)
- Mr Paul Farrelly (Consultant Paediatric Surgeon)
- Mr Robert Peters – Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
- Mr Nick Lansdale – Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
- Mr David Wilkinson – Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
- Dr Sam Byott – Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Our service can be contacted during working hours by contacting the hospital switchboard on 0161 276 1234 and asking to be put through to ‘Magic’ via our Vocera system.
Alternatively, please email any queries to email@example.com