We treat children for a full range of respiratory conditions and hold a number of sub-specialised clinics within tertiary respiratory paediatrics.
We have seven respiratory paediatricians and have a multidisciplinary approach to the management of our children with help from specialist nursing, physiotherapist, dieticians, physiologists, and psychologists.
What conditions do we treat?
We cover all aspects of tertiary respiratory paediatric respiratory disease. We are the regional cystic fibrosis centre and the largest paediatric cystic fibrosis centre in the UK. We have a regional tuberculosis (TB) service, regional long term ventilation centre and we are a regional centre for assessment of sleep disordered breathing. We run clinics in general respiratory, cystic fibrosis, difficult asthma, TB, long term ventilation and non-invasive ventilation, bronchiectasis, Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD), interstitial lung disease and joint neuromuscular clinics.
What treatments do we offer?
We offer medical treatments to a wide range of respiratory disease and provide services for highly specialised lung function, assessment of sleeping difficulties and sleep disordered breathing. We also provide a bronchoscopy service which is allows for a specialised diagnostic service for some cases of TB with transbronchial biopsy – we are one of the few paediatric centres in the UK to do so. We also carry out diagnostics for PCD and cystic fibrosis.
Where will my child receive treatment?
Treatment is based at RMCH and inpatient treatments predominantly on ward 85, 83 and 76. We have outreach clinics in cystic fibrosis for seven centres across the North West.
- Dr Fran Child - Consultant in Respiratory Paediatrics
- Dr Anirban Maitra - Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician; Director of Cystic Fibrosis and Lead for Bronchiectasis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis
- Dr Ghulam Mujtaba - Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Clare Murray - Senior Lecturer and Consultant In Respiratory Paediatrics
- Dr Omendra Narayan - Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Associate Director of Medical Education, Associate Hospital Dean
- Dr Anna Shawcross - Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Stuart Wilkinson - Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine