Gynaecology is the branch of medicine which deals with the health of the female reproductive system.
This care is provided by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists who have expert knowledge in their particular field of interest. Research and development in the latest clinical care and treatment is an important part of our work.
Our team provides an integrated service across Saint Mary’s and Wythenshawe hospitals. This enables us to offer our patients efficient and rapid access to the treatment of their choice in the most convenient location for them.
For example, we have been able to introduce an additional dedicated urgent gynaecological surgery list. Women initially treated at Wythenshawe can now choose to join the surgical list at Saint Mary’s and women treated at Saint Mary’s have the choice of going to Wythenshawe to have their pre-op appointment and surgery. This will ensure that surgery is not delayed or postponed, there is a less risk of any condition worsening and patients receive quicker and more convenient treatment.
Saint Mary’s is also regional referral centre for gynaecological oncology, uro-gynaecology and reproductive medicine. The unit specialises in modern, minimally invasive techniques for surgery, enabling a shorter stay in hospital plus a quicker recovery and return to normal activities.
We offer a range of specialist gynaecology clinics in:
- Emergency Gynaecology
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Reproductive Medicine
- Whitworth Clinic
How can I access your services?
With the exception of our Emergency Gynaecology Service, all of our services require a referral letter from either your GP or from another hospital consultant.
First class from start to finish. Very impressed with the cleanliness, efficiency, speed and treatment by hospital staff for my procedure. All caring, professional staff and I was treated with dignity and respect and even a sense of humour. I was feeling so anxious but staff made me feel 100% happy in their care. I would recommend this hospital and its lovely staff.
- Dr Rosemary Howell - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- Dr Richard Clayton - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
- Dr Rohna Kearney - Consultant Urogynaecologist
- Dr Karen Ward - Consultant Gynaecologist, Subspecialist in Urogynaecology
- Dr Fiona Reid - Consultant Urogynaecologist
- Dr Kingshuk Majumder - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Gail Busby - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Lamiya Mohiyiddeen - Consultant Gynaecologist and Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Dr Edmond Edi-Osagie - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Kristina Naidoo - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Mourad W Seif - Senior Lecturer/Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Ursula Winters - Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Dr Ngozi Edi-Osagie - Clinical Head of Division and Consultant Neonatologist
- Dr Cheryl Fitzgerald - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Cathrine Holland - Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon and Oncologist
- Dr Kenneth Ma - Consultant Gynaecologist
- Dr Raj Mathur - Consultant Gynaecologist and Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Dr Muhammad Ahsan Akhtar - Consultant Gynaecologist in Reproductive Medicine & Andrology, Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Dr Emma Crosbie - Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist