We see women with a range of different conditions including:
We provide a wide variety of services to assess and investigate patients’ symptoms including:
- Consultant led clinics to assess prolapse and incontinence.
- Urodynamic Studies
- Anorectal physiology studies and endoanal ultrasound
- Voiding Studies
- Perineal ultrasound
- Ambulatory Urodynamics
- Perineal Trauma Clinic
- Pelvic Floor Clinic
- Out-patient Cystoscopy
- Research clinics
Across the range of conditions, we offer many different treatments including:
- Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence and vaginal prolapse, including ‘keyhole’ surgery
- Vaginal pessary fitting
- Bladder retraining
- Intermittent self-catheterisation
- Femsoft intravaginal inserts
- Indwelling catheters
- Urethral bulking injections
- Bladder Instillations
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation
- Intravesical Botox injections
- Lifestyle advice
Our core team is made up of:
- Consultant Urogynaecologists
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Practitioner
We also have close links with our Colorectal Specialist colleagues and run joint clinics with them for women who have a combination of bladder and bowel control or emptying problems and vaginal prolapse.
Where will I be seen:
Clinics are held in the Warrell Unit, Gynaecology Out-patient Department, ground floor, Saint Mary’s Hospital.
Patients requiring surgical treatment will be admitted to Ward 62, Saint Mary’s Hospital.
How can I access this service?
To be seen in this department you must be referred by your GP, Community Continence Nurse Specialist, or another consultant.
We do not accept self referrals.
8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
To cancel/change appointments: (0161) 276 6332 (Monday – Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm)