We provide maternity care as a managed clinical service (MCS) across three maternity units in Greater Manchester; these are located at the Saint Mary’s Oxford Road Campus, Saint Mary’s at Wythenshawe Hospital and Saint Mary’s at North Manchester General Hospital. Community antenatal & postnatal services are also provided from multiple locations across the Manchester including Trafford Hospital, Withington and Lanceburn Health Centres, and Fairfield General Hospital.
Saint Mary’s Hospital Maternity Service supports around 17,000 women and families a year who give birth with us. You can choose to plan to give birth at either of our hospitals or at home. The majority of women experience very normal pregnancies and birth journeys and we have a full range of options for maternity care. As well as our fantastic midwifery-led care we also provide an excellent obstetric-led model of care that includes specialist support for more complex pregnancies and health conditions. We also have a highly esteemed fetal medicine unit. We are very proud of our teamwork ethic, where staff from many different professions work together to plan and deliver individualised care tailored to the needs of each women.
As a team we support each other across our three hospital sites and, although you will book at one of our hospitals, there are times when you may receive certain aspects of your care at one of our other hospital sites. We will let you know should the need arise.
The Hospital leadership team across all sites consists of a Director of Nursing and Midwifery – Kathy Murphy and a Clinical Director – Dr Sarah Vause who both sit on the Saint Mary’s Hospital Board of Directors. The Saint Mary’s Hospital Chief Executive is Karen Connolly.
We look forward to welcoming you to our services and supporting you and your family.
Director of Nursing
Click on the links below for site-specific directions and contact details
- Dr Akila Anbazhagan - Consultant Obstetrician, Site Maternity Governance lead
- Dr Samantha Bonner - Labour ward lead and Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Philip Bullen - Consultant Obstetrician and Subspecialist in Fetal and Maternal Medicine
- Dr Koon Loong Chan - Consultant Obstetrician and Subspecialist in Fetal and Maternal Medicine
- Professor Alexander Heazell - Senior Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Honorary Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Rosemary Howell - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- Dr Chibuike Iruloh - Consultant Obstetrician, Subspecialist Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Dr Edward Johnstone - Consultant Obstetrician/Senior Lecturer in Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
- Dr Sorin Juverdeanu - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Teresa Kelly - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Kim MacLeod - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Clare Mullan - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Jenny Myers - Senior Clinical Lecturer/Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Samiksha Patel - Consultant Obstetrician, Undergraduate Lead for Obstetrics
- Dr Shimma Rahman - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Anna Roberts - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Rebekah Samangaya - Consultant Obstetrician and Subspecialist in Fetal and Maternal Medicine
- Dr Gillian Stephen - Consultant Obstetrician
- Dr Clare Tower - Clinical Head of Division and Consultant in Obstetrics and Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Dr Sarah Vause - Medical Director of Saint Mary's Hospital Managed Clinical Service and Consultant in Fetomaternal Medicine
- Dr Melissa Whitworth - Consultant Obstetrician