Community Stroke and Neuro Service
The Community Stroke and Neuro Service are based at Charlestown Road Health Centre.
Who is the Service for?
The acceptable criteria are:
- Adults over 18 years of age (with flexibility from the age of 16 for young adults who are transitioning between paediatric and adult services or if adult services is the most appropriate service for the individual)
- Medically stable
- Registered with North Manchester GP
- Patients presenting with a primary diagnosis of new stroke or who require specialist intervention as a direct result of stroke
- Patients with a diagnosis of neurological condition although those awaiting diagnosis will be accepted if appropriate
- Patients must be able to actively engage in rehabilitation
What does the service provide?
The Service comprises of two teams, the Community Stroke Team and the Community Neurorehabilitation Team. Both are multidisciplinary teams comprising of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, specialist nurses, speech and language therapists, a psychologist and rehabilitation assistants. We provide therapy at an intensity and duration depending upon the clinical need of the individual.
When is the service available?
Monday to Saturday 8am – 4:30pm
Where is the service based?
Charlestown Road Health Centre, Charlestown Road, Blackley, Manchester, M9 7ED
Telephone: 0161 741 2007/2008
Fax: 0161 741 2037
How do I refer?
Referrals should preferably be sent using the following forms via nhs.net however referrals sent by fax will also be received.
Referrals for the Community Neuro Team should be sent to email@example.com
Referrals for the Community Stroke Team should be sent to pah-tr.Early-Supported-Discharge@nhs.net