Manchester University Foundation Trust is a leading teaching hospital Trust for developing clinical academic careers amongst Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional (NMAHP) staff. A dedicated team lead this work, forming a close collaboration between the Trust and The Division of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work at The University of Manchester.
NMAHP Research Unit Team
- Professor Michelle Briggs Clinical Professor of Nursing, MFT and Lead for Capacity Building NIHR Applied Research Collaboration for Greater Manchester
- Alison Lynch Deputy Chief Nurse
- Dr Janet Deane NIHR Clinical Lecturer
- Tim Twelvetree Research Fellow, MFT and Lecturer, Division of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, The University of Manchester
- Dr Penny Lewis Senior Clinical Lecturer in the Division of Pharmacy and Optometry at the University of Manchester and Academic Lead Pharmacist for Research, Manchester University Foundation Trust
If you would like to contact any of us, please email email@example.com
MFT NMAHP Fellowship Programme
MFT has been supported by Trust Charitable Funds to develop a number of Research Fellowships for nursing, midwifery and allied health professional staff employed by the Trust. Three Fellowships are available for early career researchers. This offers an excellent opportunity for MFT nursing, midwifery and allied health professional staff to develop a clinical academic career.
The next deadline for applications to all Fellowships is 5pm, 23rd May 2022.
For further details, click on the links, below:
- MFT NMAHP Research Fellowships Flyer
- Pre-Doctoral Clinical Academic Bridging Fellowship
The Pre-Doctoral Clinical Academic Bridging Fellowship is provided in collaboration with ARC-GM. It is aimed at practitioners seeking to undertake Doctoral studies to further a clinical academic career. The Fellowship offers 50% backfill up to 1 year (maximum of £20,000). Expected outputs to include a Doctoral application for funding and a submission for publication. Click here for further details.
- Fees Only Doctoral Fellowship
The Fees Only Doctoral Fellowship is available to Consultant or aspiring Consultant NMAHP staff only. A confirmation of Doctoral study eligibility is required from a Higher Education Institution as part of the application process.
- Post-Doctoral Clinical Academic Bridging Fellowship
The Post-Doctoral Clinical Academic Bridging Fellowship is aimed at practitioners seeking to develop their clinical academic career to post-doctoral level or towards a clinical professorial level. The Fellowship offers 50% backfill up to 1 year (maximum of £30,000).
To receive notification of the next deadline dates, please regularly check this website. You can also register with Tim Twelvetree to receive email notification and follow us on Twitter at @NMAHP_Research