Manchester Cytology Centre is one of the largest cervical screening laboratories in the UK and provides diagnostic and population screening to women in the North West with the use of high-risk HPV testing and ThinPrep liquid based cytology. The department also has a leading non-gynaecological cytology service providing an extensive range of diagnostic analyses on samples received across Greater Manchester and a comprehensive synovial fluid cytology service.
This page refers to Cytology at ORC. For information on Cytology at Wythenshawe hospital see Cellular Pathology – Wythenshawe
We are based in state-of-the-art facilities in the Clinical Sciences Centre at Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT). We provide a non-gynaecological cytology service to The Christie.
For details of all our services, including sample requirement information, see our user guides:
- Gynaecological Cytology: Cervical Screening information pack
- Non Gynaecological Cytology user manual
- Synovial Fluid Cytology user manual
- Wythenshawe Cytology
Find details of the North of England Pathology and Screening Education Centre based in the Clinical Sciences Centre at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT).
Contact us at Manchester Royal Infirmary or at The Christie:
Manchester Royal Infirmary
- General – 0161 276 5111
- Gynaecological cytology – 0161 276 5111
- Non-gynaecological cytology – 0161 5110/5115/5116/6727/8804. Bleep: 07623 916 611
- Synovial fluid cytology – 0161 276 5115/5116/6727/8804
- Email – email@example.com
- Non-gynaecological cytology – 0161 446 3643
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
(Last reviewed April 2021)