We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services. The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is a national scheme enabling patients, who use our services, to tell us and other patients what they think about the quality of care they receive.
On your discharge from hospital or at the end of your appointment/ visit you will be asked “How likely are you to recommend our services to your Friends and Family?”
At Manchester Foundation Trust (MFT) we have a number of options available for you to complete the FFT question:
- FFT paper forms – available from staff in Emergency Departments, Outpatient areas, Community services and on a number of inpatient wards
- An electronic hand held device – available from a member of staff
- Kiosks in public locations across the hospital sites
- Hospedia Surveys on the bedside entertainment system – available within several wards
- This webpage (see below)
- Text Messaging Service (in selected departments)
Please ask a member of staff if you are unsure how to complete FFT or use the devices provided and they will be happy to assist you.
- Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Wythenshawe Hospital
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Saint Mary’s Hospital
- Trafford General Hospital
- Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
- University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- Withington Community Hospital
- Altrincham Hospital
- Adult Community Services
- Children’s Community Services
- Research and Innovation
What happens to the results?
We use your feedback to help us make changes and improvements to our services and the quality of care we provide. Your feedback enables us to take immediate action when a problem is identified and shows how effective the change or improvement has been.
It also provides a measure for you to compare us with other Trusts as the results are analysed independently and are published on the NHS Friends and Family website www.nhs.uk/friendsandfamily and an overview is also listed on the NHS Choices website www.nhs.uk
Your feedback is anonymous and will not impact on any future hospital visits with us, but it will provide valuable information to help us to improve our services where appropriate and to recognise and share positive feedback with our staff members.