Research and development are key parts of the activity of MMMP and contribute to the scientific basis of the advice and services that the Partnership provides, both for clinical and public health microbiology.
Current R&D activity spans:
- Vaccine evaluation for clinical trials performed under MHRA GCLP: e.g. meningococcal, pneumococcal
- Serosurveys eg measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, pneumococcal, HPV
- Technology: e.g. techniques for rapid diagnosis and molecular epidemiology
- Evaluation of new platforms eg MesoScale Discovery Quickplex
- Public health microbiology: e.g. collaborative projects on meningococcal infections and gastrointestinal infections
(Last reviewed September 2019)