The Immunology Department has introduced an email address to facilitate communication with patients and other health care professionals. The address is Clinical.Immunology@mft.nhs.uk. Please read the below carefully before engaging in email communication with the department.
This is to inform you of the risks involved when sending and receiving personal information electronically.
• Any information transferred out of the trust’s network is NOT SECURE
• Your personal information could be intercepted by other family members or friends who have access to your email account
• If you are using a work email account, your employer may have access to these emails and they may be stored and backed up on their system
• Your personal information will be open to access by cyber products that have the ability to intercept emails without authority
• The trust cannot be held responsible for the security of your personal information coming into and going out of our network in this case
• There is no guarantee that the information sent has not been changed before receipt
• The confidential email(s) sent could be forwarded to other members of the public
• Your personal information will not be encrypted or sent in a locked file format
• You will not be informed of the exact date the information is sent. It is your responsibility to retrieve the information
• A review of the information requested will be carried out and the trust reserves the right to refuse to email information if deemed inappropriate or sensitive
• A copy of any information sent will be retained electronically and the origin of the information will be verifiable, if required we will file your email in the medical record
• Information will only be sent from an NHS network email – the address will end with @cmft.nhs.uk or @nhs.net
By corresponding via email you accept and agree to the following statement
I agree that Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust can send confidential personal information to me via email. I have read and understood the risks associated with this, as detailed above.