The MFT Excellence Awards celebrate the very best of our incredible and diverse workforce and the amazing contribution they make every day across our organisation.
Our third ever MFT Excellence Awards event was planned to take place earlier this year at The Principal Hotel in Manchester but due to COVID-19 it was just not possible to hold the celebration.
Instead, we are pleased to announce that an MFT Excellence Awards special edition ebook has been produced to recognise the great work that happens at the Trust every day, and to highlight colleagues who continue to go the extra mile for patients.
The MFT Excellence Awards form a very special part of our organisation as they bring to life Our Values – Together Care Matters. Together, care does matter, and that’s what you will hear about and see in this special edition ebook to complete our 2019/20 Awards.
The calibre of the award nominations has been exceptionally high and we would like to congratulate every one of the nominees and finalists. There were just over 600 nominations for the 2019/20 Awards and this year we have added one new category – Volunteer of the Year – celebrating the fantastic work that our volunteers provide as part of our team at MFT. You can find out who are our Winners and Highly Commended colleagues across the twelve categories in the ebook by following the link below.
The ebook includes a very special tribute to Tony Kabia, Car Park Assistant at the Diabetes Centre, who was a finalist in the Unsung Hero Award category and who sadly passed away from a COVID-19 related illness in April. Tony’s award has been presented to his family which was a very special and memorable occasion.
Sadly, MFT lost other colleagues due to a COVID-19 related illness and we want to recognise and applaud the contribution they made to the Trust – they will be missed but not forgotten. Please find a moment of reflection for those who are no longer with us.
Click here to launch the special edition ebook in your browser.
As well as announcing the awards we would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all our generous sponsors for their flexibility and support in making this ebook possible.
The full list of finalists in each of the categories can be found below:
- Steve Bellfield, Healthcare Support Worker, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital MCS
- Gerry Byford, Lead Specialist Nurse, Burns and Plastic Surgery, Wythenshawe Hospital
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award
- Irena Tucker, Estates and Facilities Officer, Corporate and Support Services
- Clare Wall, Senior Dental Nurse, University Dental Hospital of Manchester MCS
- Cystic Fibrosis Transition Team, Wythenshawe Hospital
- Paediatric Tracheostomy Team, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital MCS
Brilliant Ideas Award
- Cath Applewhite, Critical Care Patient Experience Lead, Clinical and Scientific Services
- Pharmacy Informatics and Clinical Pharmacy Team, Clinical and Scientific Services
Achievement in Developing and Learning Award
- Olivia Evans, Trainee Healthcare Assistant, Wythenshawe Hospital
- Sheba John, Acting Practice Based Educator, Clinical and Scientific Services
Rising Star Award
- George Burghel, Principal Clinical Scientist, Saint Mary’s Hospital MCS
- Sarah Ramsey, Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Trafford General Hospital
Steve Mycio Apprentice of the Year Award
- Elizabeth Stephen, Trainee Nursing Assistant, Manchester Royal Infirmary
Inspirational Leader Award
- Joanne Finnigan, Clinical Services Manager Neurophysiology, Clinical and Scientific Services
- Natalia Mather, Ward Manager, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital MCS
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Charlie Barnes, Volunteer Chaplain, Patient Services, Corporate and Support Services
- Stephen Young, Volunteer Guide, Patient Services, Corporate and Support Services
- Vera Johnson, Health Care Support Worker, Saint Mary’s Hospital MCS
- Tony Kabia, Car Park Assistant, Diabetes Centre, Corporate and Support Services
- Sheila Self, Service Assistant, Vulnerable Baby Service, Manchester Local Care Organisation
- Susan Wright, Paediatric Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital MCS
Non-Clinical Team of the Year Award
- International Recruitment Team, Corporate and Support Services
- Manchester International Fellowship Programme Team, Corporate and Support Services
Clinical Team of the Year Award
- Macular Treatment Centre Team, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
- Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT) Team, Wythenshawe Hospital
- The Manchester Macmillan Supportive Palliative Services, Manchester Local Care Organisation
Group Chief Executive’s Award
- Announced in the special edition ebook by Group Chief Executive
Congratulations to all nominees and finalists – we are immensely proud of you all.