Are you passionate about the NHS? Would you like to be a voice for patients, their families, carers and NHS staff? If so, have you considered standing for election as a Governor of our NHS Foundation Trust?
Governors are responsible for representing the interests and views of both our public and staff members alongside the wider-general public (at large). They seek performance assurance from our Board of Directors (people responsible for running our hospitals), and also help us in shaping the Trust’s future health priorities and plans.
On behalf of members and the public:
- Our Council of Governors sit around the table with the Board of Directors to share ideas and views during decision-making processes and when formulating future plans
- Governors support our Board of Directors in considering the wider healthcare system, its stakeholders and the public at large
- They form a rounded view of the interests of the public by working in collaboration with healthcare stakeholders
- Members and the wider-general public therefore have a voice, through the Council of Governors (their elected representatives), which helps to shape the future healthcare services to better meet their and their families’ needs.
There are seven (7) Public Governor seats open for election in MFT’s ‘Manchester’, ‘Trafford’, ‘Eastern Cheshire’ and ‘Greater Manchester’ Constituencies.
There are also three (3) Staff Governor seats open for election in ‘Medical & Dental’, ‘Other Clinical’ and ‘Non-Clinical & Support’ Staff Groups.
Eligible staff and public members (aged 16 years or over) can nominate themselves to stand for election as a Governor. You do not need specific qualifications for the role, just an interest in healthcare and a commitment to representing members to the best of your ability.
“We truly appreciate your interest in and support for our Trust, and do hope that you will consider standing for election as a Governor,” said MFT’s Group Chairman Kathy Cowell OBE DL
“We look forward to working with our Governors and members in the future to develop our hospitals and provide world-class services for adults and children.”
If you would like to nominate yourself as a candidate for election as a Governor, please complete a ‘Nomination Form’ with the quickest way of doing this being online – www.cesvotes.com/mft2023
Alternatively, you can contact the Returning Officer, Ciara Hutchinson at Civica Election Services (CES) via:
- Telephone: 0208 889 9203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: Text 2FT MF and your name and address to 88802
- Post: Civica Election Services, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London. N8 0NW
The nomination process formally opened on Friday, 14th July 2023 with all completed Public and Staff Nomination Forms being received by CES by 5pm on Monday, 31st July 2023.
Or you can contact our Foundation Trust Membership Office by:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Post: Freepost Plus RRBR-AXBU-XTZT, MFT NHS Trust, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL
- Phone: 0161 276 8661 (office hours 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday; answering machine outside these hours)