We offer a six month programme to support children and young people become a healthier weight.
Families sign up to a programme of individual appointments with our team of friendly dietitians. All families are different and we have experience of working with many families and can share what has worked for others.
The programme can include:
- Menu planning and meal ideas
- How to motivate the family to change
- Getting a balanced food intake
- Referral to activity schemes
- Portion sizes
- Mindful eating
- Understanding food labels
- And much more
The programme uses a lifestyle approach to weight management and is not a “diet”. We do not focus on weight although we will ask to take height and weight measurements at some of the appointments.
To get the most out of the programme families need to commit to regular appointments and working on changes to eating and activity as a family – changing habits is not always easy but we are here to help and support you!
Appointments are available at the following venues and times:
- Timperley Healthy Centre – Thursday morning
- Meadway Health Centre – Tuesday afternoon/evening
- Delamere Centre – Wednesday morning
- Partington Health Centre- Thursday afternoon
- Limelight Community Health Centre – Friday morning
- George H Carnall Leisure Centre – Saturday Morning