Samples for microarray testing (developmental delay, congenital abnormalities etc)
Chromosome breakage tests are initiated on a Tuesday or Friday morning ONLY. Please take this into consideration when sending blood samples to the laboratory for testing. Testing for Fanconi Anaemia requires a minimum of 2ml blood in lithium heparin.
- A full depth skin sample (0.5cm3).
- A sample of cord (2-3cm in length; please do not include a cord clip)
- A cord or cardiac blood sample (at least 0.5ml collected into a 1-2ml lithium heparin paediatric tube).
Please read our Solid Tissue Sample Requirements and Referral Criteria for further information.
Skin Biopsy for fibroblast cell culture
GENE (DNA) ANALYSIS
Please refer to individual test pages for more specific requirements. Alternatively please contact the laboratory for further details. For general samples please see below:
SPECIALIST CELL CULTURE SAMPLES
- Peripheral blood samples for RNA analysis require 10-20ml blood (adults) or 2-10ml (children) collected in an EDTA tube.
- All other sample types are by prior arrangement only. Please contact the laboratory for information and advice before sending.