The North West GLH will help to:
- Address the variation in quality and access to genetic testing across the country especially in cancer.
- Improve the information available in terms of spending on testing and the type of tests being performed.
- Enhance genetic testing for cancer and rare inherited diseases. This will improve both patient diagnosis and treatment decisions.
- Create opportunities to link with academic and industry partners on research and development programmes.
- Broaden our understanding of the cause of disease and the effectiveness of the interventions that will be offered to patients and their families to help deliver high quality care for all, now and for future generations.