Kathy Cowell OBE DL
Kathy was Chairman at Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) from 7th November 2016 having previously held the role of CMFT Non-Executive Director since March 2013 and CMFT Senior Independent Director (SID) since March 2016.
A banker by profession, having worked for Cheshire Building Society for 24 years until taking early retirement in 2006. With a keen interest in local communities, past roles include: Chairman of the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, Chairman of Cheshire Building Society Foundation, Chairman of the Cheshire & Merseyside Courts Board, a member of the Lord Chancellors Advisory Committee on the appointment of Justices of the Peace, Chairman of Your Housing Group (a social housing provider) and member of the Strategic Growth Committee at East Cheshire Hospice.
Kathy has held several Chairman and Non-Executive roles in health, in both the provider and commissioner roles including Chairman of the East Cheshire NHS Acute Trust; NHS Cluster/PCT Chairman; and Vice Chairman of Warrington Hospital NHS Acute Trust.
Current roles include:
- Deputy Lieutenant of Cheshire
- Ambassador for Diversity in Public Appointments
- Panel member for Queens Volunteers Awards (QVAs)
- Vice Chair of Cheshire Young Carers
- People Ambassador of Active Cheshire
- Chairman of SSK Solutions Stockport
- High Sheriff of Cheshire (ended March 2017)